Monday, May 3, 2010

THE RISEN CHRIST "DRAWING ALL CREATION TO HIMSELF AND THE FATHER

This image of the Risen Christ is in our Redemptorist Church of St. Clements in Saratoga Springs, NY.  One thing that my study of Nature and the Planet and our Environment that has fascinated me is  what is the "relationship of God" of the "Blessed Trinity" to all that has been created, all living things,not just "human" beings.  What I have read makes me more convinced than ever that God is "related" to all that has been made.  The Bible, most especially the Book of Psalms is always saying that "the world reflects and makes visible the "glory and beauty of God".  I think this mosaic at St. Clements shows this.  Look and see how the arms of Christ, not not nailed to a Cross but reaching out in a "cruciform embrace"....Look how Christ embraces and hugs all that has been made.  I believe that Christ simply wanted, simply "wants" to bring all that has been made to both see, reflect and show the love of God for all of creation.....

No comments: