Saturday, May 8, 2010

THE GARDEN EXISTS IN MY IMAGINATION FIRST

Back in 1994 I spent a half year in Brazil and met Ruvem Alves, a most wonderful man, educator, story writer and "gardiner".  He was showing us his beautiful flower garden and said something I found quite profound, Long before my garden existed here in Sao Paulo it existed in my imagination".  I find that this is true of all dreams.  But, of course, without the effort, labor, hard work, heartache sometimes....the "garden remains in one's imagination"....Hopefull mine here at The Mount will soon exist in reality with what I plan to plant: SWISS CHARD, SPINACH, RADISHES, TOMATOES, BEANS OF SOME KIND, SUMMER SQUASH AND PEPPERS, BEETS, CUCUMBERS AND CARROTS.  My friend John Aponti from Esopus is helping me as I am just a novice.

No comments: